If you are already registered to book appointments online, you can login at www.paxtongreen.appointments-online.co.uk and select one of the Flu Clinics under the clinician drop down menu (on the right) and select a date period within which to book your own appointment. We strongly advise you to book an appointment as soon as possible to ensure that all appointments are used most efficiently.
Alternatively, please telephone the practice on (020 8670 6878) and follow the instructions to book an appointment.
Who is eligible for a flu vaccination this year?
a) All people aged 65 years or over
b) People aged between 6 months and 64 years of age in one of the following clinical risk groups:
- Respiratory disease – severe asthma, COPD, bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease – heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease – Parkinson’s disease, Motor neuron disease
- Learning disability
- Asplenia or splenic dysfunction
- Weakened immune system due to disease i.e. HIV or treatment i.e. cancer treatment
- Morbidly obese patients BMI >40kg/m2
- All pregnant women
- People living in residential care homes
- Health and social care staff
- Household contacts of those on the NHS Shielded Patient List
c) Children aged 2 to 3 years.
Please Note: Primary school children and children in year 7 will be offered the flu vaccination at school
d) People aged 50-64 years
From 1st December, all people between the age of 50-64 years are eligible for a free flu vaccination this year. We have a limited stock of vaccine so please book an appointment as soon as possible via the website or call reception to book.
There are two different types of injectable vaccine available, dependent on the age of the patient.
We now have both vaccines in stock and available to be administered to those who are 65-years old and over, as well as those who are under 65 in one of the clinical risk groups (see above).
The childhood nasal flu vaccine is also available.
Attending your appointment
If you are unable to attend your booked appointment, please cancel so it can be made available for someone else.
Please do not attend the practice if you have any of the following:
- Temperature higher than 37.8 C
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of small or taste
- Or, you have had a positive swab test for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Or, you are living with someone, or have come in contact with someone, who has symptoms of, or is suffering from, COVID-19 or is in quarantine.
When attending for your appointment, please:
- Arrive on time, no more than five minutes early.
- Wear a face covering if you are not exempt.
- Be prepared by wearing suitable short sleeve clothing.
- Be aware that there will be no toilet facilities during the flu clinic.
Vaccinations for people who are housebound
We will arrange vaccinations at home for those patients who are registered as housebound in our records. All other patients should attend for vaccination at the practice.
If you would like more information please go to: www.nhs.uk/flu-influenza-vaccine
Sharing this information
If you have neighbours, friends or family registered at the surgery who are eligible for flu vaccination but can’t access this information, please make them aware of these arrangements. Thank you.