Repeat Prescriptions can be ordered by:
- Completing our online Repeat Prescriptions Request Form
- Ordering them via online services. If you are not yet signed up for online services, please complete our online form
- In Person – Return the tear-off slip from your prescription, indicating which item(s) you require, or by giving us a clearly written note stating the full name and strength of the medication required and hand your prescription request into Reception.
- We can only accept requests for prescriptions over the phone for housebound patients.
- Please allow three working days for your prescription to be prepared.
- On occasions it may not be possible to proceed with your request and you will be requested to contact the Pharmacist or Doctor.
- Please remember, it is your responsibility to ensure you do not run out of your medication.
Our policy is to send all the prescription requests electronically to the patient’s local nominated pharmacy. This is called the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) and means there is no need for a patient to come into the surgery to collect a paper prescription.
To nominate a specific local pharmacy, please complete our Electronic Prescription Service form.
Disposal of Medicines
Please dispose of out-of-date prescriptions carefully. They can be returned to any pharmacy for disposal. Do not bring them to the surgery for disposal or place them in a standard domestic waste.
Ensure that your prescription drugs are stored at home out of the reach of children.
Prescription Charges and Exemptions
You can view the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website. You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.
(PPCs) offer real savings for poeple who need extensive medication. Please view the website www.nhs.uk/save-money-with-a-prescription-prepayment-certificate-ppc for more information.