List of documents that can be used as valid proof of identity and/or proof of residence

In order to gain access to online services please provide valid proof of identity. Also, please provide proof of residence where possible (see below), if either is not possible, please speak to reception on 020 8670 6878 for further instructions. You should bring these with you when you attend the practice.

Remember, you must be aged 16yrs or over in order to gain access your online medical records.

To register as a new patient, please use our New Patient Registration form.

To register for online services, please use our Register for Online Services form.

Acceptable personal identification documents include:

  • Current UK (Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Irish) passport or EU/other nationalities passport
  • Passports of non-EU nationals, containing UK stamps, a visa or a UK residence permit showing the immigration status of the holder in the UK
  • A current UK or European photo-card driving licence.
  • UK full or provisional photo-card driving licence
  • A national ID card and/or other valid documentation relating to immigration status and permission of work.

Acceptable documents providing proof of residence include:

  • Recent utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity or phone) or a certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for the services on pre-payment terms (Please note that mobile telephone bills are not acceptable as they can be sent to different addresses). Utility bills in joint names are permissible*
  • Local authority tax bill valid for the current year**
  • UK full or provisional photo-card driving licene or a full old-style paper driving licence (if not already presented as a personal ID document). Old style provisional driving licences are not acceptable.
  • Most recent HM Revenue and Customs tax notification (i.e. tax assessment, statement of account, notice of coding) a P45 or P60 is not acceptable.
  • Financial statement (e.g. bank, building society, credit card or credit union statement) containing current address*
  • Most recent mortgage statement from a recognised lender**
  • Current benefit book or card or original notification letter from Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) confirming the rights to benefit (for example, child allowance, pension)**
  • Current local council rent card or tenancy agreement
  • Confirmation from an electoral register search that a person of that name lives at the claimed address*

*The date on these documents should be within the last three months and they must contain the name and address of the applicant. Photocopies and documents downloaded from the internet (e.g. bank statements) will not be accepted.

** These documents must be dated within the last 12 months