Who an have a flu vaccine?
- Anyone over 65
- Pregnant women
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic respiratory disease, severe asthma, COPD, bronchitis
- Chronic renal failure Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, such as, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone
- Learning disability
- People with weakened immunity due to disease or treatment
- People without a spleen
- Anyone in residential care homes
- Healthcare workers and admin staff – Us!
- Morbidly obese, defined as a BMI 40+
Children aged 2 and 3 are eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and can have this at the practice.
Other healthy children up to the age of 9 are to have the nasal flu vaccination at school and will not be eligible to have the vaccine at the practice even if they missed the appointment at school.
At risk children in all age groups can have the vaccination at the practice, see the chart “Which flu vaccine should children have?” with at risk criteria at the bottom.
A reminder will be sent to parents via text message as they will be invited in to attend the Saturday walk in clinics only. Not weekday walk ins.
Flu Clinic Dates
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 09:55 Adults Only – starting October 2nd to Friday 1st November
Saturday Walk-in Clinic’s 08:00-11:00 running every Saturday in October and Saturday 2nd November
This is for everyone eligible for the flu vaccination including Children aged 2-3 years.
*Please be advised that the nasal flu vaccine for children is not available for ordering yet. This is a national problem and not just Paxton Green!
This means that we will not have this vaccination for the walk-in flu clinic this Saturday, 19th October.