Blood Pressure Review
Blood pressure should be measured over a 7 day period and checked in the morning and evening. If you have been advised by the practice to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis please use this form.
- Monitor your blood pressure in the morning and evening at roughly the same time.
- Don’t exercise, smoke, eat or drink caffeine in the 30 minutes before measurements Measuring blood pressure:
- DO sit quietly for 5 minutes before starting measurements (no TV, talking, reading, phone use)
- DO sit with feet flat on the floor, legs uncrossed, upper arm bare, back and arm supported with upper arm at the level of the heart.
- DO write down the numbers in the table below exactly as they appear on the monitor screen- do not round them up or down.
- DO take a take a minimum of two readings, leaving at least a minute between each. If the first two readings are very different, take 2 or 3 further readings. Write down the lowest of the readings.
Due to the current situation we are keen to support patients with their blood pressure management. Where feasible it would be helpful if you can measure your blood pressure at home. The recordings can then be reviewed by a doctor and if necessary, medication dosages can be adjusted.
Blood pressure machines can be ordered online or purchased from a chemist.
A doctor or nurse will then get in touch with you having reviewed the readings and further instruction, if necessary, will be given.